How to clean, disinfect and maintain acrylic？
The Acrylic Sheet can be used in many things. Its versatility makes it suitable for almost any scene. In the process of use, it will inevitably produce dirt, dust, and even bacteria, so we need to know in advance how to Cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining it will extend the service life.
Of course, we have to master these operating procedures accurately to prevent the improper operation from damaging the acrylic, so in this blog, we will explain the detailed and accurate steps to you.
How to Clean Acrylic Sheet?
- When the glass or glass mirror on the window is stained and oily, you can use a cloth or cotton to drip a little kerosene or white wine, and gently wipe it, it will be bright and clean, use a soft cloth or soft paper, in the water with alcohol or white wine After soaking the mirror, wipe the mirror first, and then wipe it with a clean cloth dipped in chalk dust and wipe it again.
- If the plexiglass display stand with the gold rim is dirty, wipe it with a towel dipped in beer or white wine to remove the dirt and make it clean and bright.
- When scrubbing the plexiglass display stand, first apply chalk gray water or plaster powder water, and then wipe it with a dry cloth after it is dry. It is easy to wipe off dirt and polish.
- Acrylic products are stained with paint and dirt, which can be easily wiped off with vinegar.
- There is a large area of oil stains on acrylic products, first scrub with waste gasoline, then scrub with washing powder or decontamination powder, and then rinse with water.
How to Disinfect Acrylic Sheet
Diluted bleach solution:
Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
- or 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
Use a clean soft cloth (we recommend the disposable cleaning cloth – Wypall L40), applying only light pressure.
How to Maintain Acrylic Sheet?
Acrylic maintenance is an important link after acrylic is processed into finished products, such as acrylic furniture. We certainly hope that a product can be used longer, so in order to extend its life, please treat it carefully.
There are the following points, I hope everyone will pay attention:
- Acrylic will be deformed when heated at about 70 degrees, and it will soften when heated to more than 100 degrees, so it should not be applied to places above 100 degrees.
- Acrylic polishing, if it is a small scratch, you can directly wipe it with toilet paper or a rag with a little toothpaste. If it is a large scratch, I personally mind using sandpaper to polish the acrylic. If you use sandpaper to polish the product, the product will be scrapped. , The entire surface is scratched, it will be worse.
- Acrylic should be scrubbed with a soft cloth, never use any cleaning agent containing granular objects, and do not use various chemical bath agents to scrub.
- Acrylic is easy to crack, so pay attention to the surface protection when taking and placing it.
- Acrylic has a large thermal expansion coefficient, so temperature changes should be taken into account when installing or fixing, leaving room for expansion and contraction.
- If the acrylic product is not damaged, you can use IPS adhesive glue/adhesive methylene chloride type adhesive or a quick-drying agent to connect it.
- If you want acrylic products to be bright and beautiful, you can use liquid polishing wax and wipe it with a soft cloth.
Like glass, it is really easy to clean, disinfect, maintain acrylic sheet, but it is stronger than glass, therefore, acrylic sheet is becoming popular day by day. UVACRYLIC is a leading manufacturer of acrylic sheet in China, What we can provide not only plexiglass sheet, but also machine acrylic for global clients.