How Good Are Acrylic Mirrors?
Acrylic, this material actually has a very wide range of applications in our lives, for example, a mirror!
No matter what kind of house you live in, you must prepare at least one mirror in your home and tidy up your appearance. This is an indispensable task for you to go out.
So how can we choose the mirror that suits us for this mirror? Why use an acrylic mirror?
Okay, about these questions, I will answer you in this article! let’s start!
Why Use Acrylic Mirror?
You may not find that in many shops, gardens, dance studios, gyms or a telescope, camera lenses, and other required places, we are beginning to use acrylic materials.
Due to its lightweight and long service life, acrylic proved to be a very low-cost material. It is relatively cheap to purchase and requires little maintenance.
One thing that is easy to think of is safety. I think everyone has inevitably encountered the situation of broken mirrors. This is very easy to harm people’s health, especially if the mirror fragments splash on the body, and if you are in your home as well as the elderly, children, the consequences can not imagine completely. So if you are concerned about this problem, but can’t think of any solution, then I will be happy to remind you now that you can use acrylic mirrors. Plexiglass sheet is a very strong material that resists impact and is a flexible alternative to traditional mirrors.
- Acrylic mirror is lightweight, making it easy to maneuver and fix into place.
- It is impact resistant and shatterproof, perfect for use in areas where health and safety is a concern.
- They have easy to clean surfaces, that are less likely to stain or smear.
- Popular for use in areas such as gyms, dance studios, schools, and public areas, where the impact may be a risk and attention to public safety is required.
- They are UV resistant and will not discolor.
- It is a strong and durable material.
- Easy to cut into shape as required without chipping or splintering.
- Cost-effective for large amounts of acrylic mirror.
Do Acrylic Mirror Distort?
Acrylic mirror has sufficient stiffness, but it also has some flexibility, so that we can operate bent acrylic, and the mirror, is precisely due to the flexibility of the acrylic, so that it may promptly adapt to the support unevenness of the surface If the installation is not a smooth surface, it will cause localized bending of the mirror surface of the mirror plate so that the reflected image is reflected in the deformed state.
Therefore, whether the acrylic mirror will be deformed, in the final analysis, is still a problem of installing acrylic. If there is a formal installation operation, the acrylic mirror can be unbreakable.
Acrylic mirrors are very convenient and safe, so it is very easy to cut to size and install anywhere in the home or office, and you can even customize them to any size you want.
How To Clean Acrylic Mirror?
- Remove any dust particles using a lint-free cloth;
- Simply add a splash of mild liquid detergent to warm water, and gently wipe it down with a chamois leather cloth for a streak-free shine.
- Using a soft cloth, gently wipe the mirror dry.
- Do not use solvents, such as methylated spirits and turpentine is unnecessary and not recommended;
- the use of such materials may cause irreversible surface damage to your acrylic mirrors.
Some cleaning products are deemed as ‘safe’ to use on a plexiglass mirror, but why pay more when a simple soap and water solution will suffice. Maybe, you want to know more information about cleaning acrylic.
As acrylic mirrors adapt well to all temperatures and weather conditions, you can expect them to continue shinning for a good 15 – 20 years, with the right care and attention.
In short, acrylic mirrors are durable, lighter, and cheaper than glass, making them a practical choice for commercial and personal use. We are very happy to inform you that there is such a convenient and safe product. So, have you thought about what kind of mirror you want to make?
UBACRYLIC is a leading manufacturer of acrylic, if you need an acrylic mirror supplier? Just contact UVACRYLIC.